CNET News CNET news editors and reporters provide top technology news, with investigative reporting and in-depth coverage of tech issues and events.
- PS5 and Xbox Series X backward compatibility: Everything we know so far - CNETby Sean Keane on October 22, 2020 at 1:30 pm
Sony and Microsoft will both let you play old games on their next-gen consoles, here's what we know about the limitations of those features and how we'll transfer saves.
- Tesla Full-Self Driving beta lands, but it's about to get more expensive - Roadshowby Sean Szymkowski on October 22, 2020 at 1:02 pm
The FSD beta will roll out to more Tesla owners as early as this weekend, according to CEO Elon Musk, and a price bump's coming.
- Corsair HS75 XB wireless headset gains Xbox imprimatur - CNETby Lori Grunin on October 22, 2020 at 1:00 pm
This licensed headset isn't specifically built for the Xbox Series X or S, but timing is everything.
- Google adds price tracking, curbside availability for holiday shopping - CNETby Alison DeNisco Rayome on October 22, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Black Friday deals are already available at many online retailers, and Google is adding tools to help compare and track prices across sites.
- Rambo's intense Fatality revealed in Mortal Kombat 11 gameplay trailer - CNETby Sean Keane on October 22, 2020 at 1:00 pm
Sylvester Stallone returns to the role on Nov. 17, with a finisher inspired by a moment from 2008's Rambo.
- New gas-powered cars may face ban in New Jersey by 2035 - Roadshowby Sean Szymkowski on October 22, 2020 at 12:57 pm
The New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection said the state will need to phase out the internal-combustion engine by 2035 to meet its climate goals.
- The best compression socks to wear while working from home - CNETby Amanda Capritto on October 22, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Be gone, swollen ankles.
- AT&T's wireless business thrives amid pandemic - CNETby Marguerite Reardon on October 22, 2020 at 12:32 pm
The company added a total of 645,000 monthly wireless subscribers, blowing away competitor Verizon.
- What Google's battle with the Justice Department means for consumers - CNETby Richard Nieva on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Antitrust cases typically take years, but the landmark suit could have an impact on what you see on your phone.
- Online voting, called too risky by security experts, opens up to more voters - CNETby Laura Hautala on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
The systems are designed to enfranchise more voters, but they're vulnerable to hackers, who could tamper with votes.
- iPhone 12 launch shouldn't be a COVID-19 superspreader event. Skip the stores - CNETby Roger Cheng on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Commentary: Waiting in the usual hyped-up Apple store line isn't worth the risk of getting the coronavirus.
- Electric power is the future, even for garbage trucks - Roadshowby Craig Cole on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
The Mack LR Electric garbage truck should be way quieter and far cleaner than its diesel-burning competition.
- Best smart plugs of 2020: Solutions for Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa or Siri - CNETby Molly Price on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Bringing devices online is easier than ever, and these smart plugs connect everyday items with any voice assistant.
- 8 generators to keep the lights on - CNETby Molly Price on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
When the power goes out, these generators kick into gear to keep things up and running.
- HBO Max drew 8.6 million new accounts in July through September - CNETby Joan E. Solsman on October 22, 2020 at 12:00 pm
AT&T's latest figures for the newer, bigger streaming service from HBO suggest roughly 12 million people have activated the service so far.