- Europe will help build NASA's moon-orbiting Gateway space stationon October 27, 2020 at 7:49 pm
Europe signed a memorandum of understanding on Tuesday (Oct. 27) formalizing its collaboration on Gateway, NASA's planned outpost in lunar orbit.
- NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft is tucking away precious asteroid samples for safekeepingon October 27, 2020 at 7:27 pm
NASA's asteroid-sampling maneuver last week was so successful that the spacecraft will begin stowing its new souvenirs today (Oct. 27) to avoid losing rock by […]
- Space calendar 2020: Rocket launches, sky events, missions & more!on October 27, 2020 at 4:40 pm
Here's a guide to all the rocket launches and astronomical events in 2020, as well as milestones for space missions, anniversaries and conferences.
- Kate Mulgrew of 'Star Trek: Voyager' crashes Captain Janeway statue celebration via Zoomon October 27, 2020 at 4:29 pm
Captain Kathryn Janeway, the fearless leader of the USS Voyager in "Star Trek: Voyager," now has a permanent home in Indiana.
- In the hunt for Planet Nine, astronomers eye a new search technique for the elusive worldon October 27, 2020 at 4:29 pm
Astronomers are vetting a technique that could aid the hunt for Planet Nine, which some researchers think lurks undiscovered in the far outer system, way […]
- Astronauts to offer stories, signatures and spirits at virtual Space Rendezvouson October 27, 2020 at 4:15 pm
Astronauts will mix drinks, sign books and regale guests with stories from their history-making NASA missions as part of a week of virtual events.
- Pictures from space! Our image of the dayon October 27, 2020 at 2:19 pm
NASA's Orion spacecraft is one more step closer to being completed and launched to the moon.
- Effect predicted by Albert Einstein spotted in a double-star systemon October 27, 2020 at 11:37 am
Gravitational redshift, an effect predicted by Albert Einstein that is crucial for maintaining the Global Positioning System (GPS) on Earth, has been observed […]
- New Hummer EV was GM's 'moonshot,' features nods to Apollo 11on October 27, 2020 at 11:36 am
General Motors may not have designed its first all-electric pickup truck to drive on the moon, but the first edition of its new GMC Hummer EV has a definite […]
- What happens at the center of a black hole?on October 27, 2020 at 11:36 am
At the center of a black hole, matter is compressed down to an infinitely tiny point, and all conceptions of time and space completely break down.
- On This Day in Space: Oct. 27, 1961: NASA launches 1st Saturn rocket test flighton October 27, 2020 at 11:07 am
On Oct. 27, 1961, NASA launched the first test flight of its new Saturn I space launch vehicle. See how it happened in our "On This Day In Space" series!
- SpaceX now targeting Nov. 14 for next astronaut launchon October 27, 2020 at 12:27 am
SpaceX will launch four astronauts to the International Space Station for NASA on Nov. 14, the agency announced Monday (Oct. 26).